Monday, December 26, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

Dear Mom and Dad,

(Dear Mom and Dad posts are dedicated to my parents. Sometimes the things that are going on will seem most interesting to them, because they know me… Oh so well. I hope the rest of you enjoy these posts too! Have you heard the song by Sugarland – Baby Girl. Let’s just say I am their Baby Girl J Proud to be! I wish I could return all the gifts they have given over the years. I use to think it would come in the earthly forms that they always give. My heart tells me that it will be in the eternal gifts of God. I pray unmeasurable blessings upon them for their continued support in all my adventures)

We just had Christmas at Del and Suni’s. It was so good to see all those adorable nephews, yet it was hard knowing that after this summer they will continue to grow without me noticing. It’s a wonder how I will keep in touch with those sweet boys, it already seems hard when I am just two hours away and available to hang out with them 3-4 times a year. So I will give this to God!

We are selling the chicken coop and chickens. Thank you for those sweet chickens and those yummy eggs! Thank you dad for that HUGE gift! I wanted my kids to experience a bit of the country life I grew up with. So thank you for our sort of successful garden (yummy basil this year and too many tomatoes last year) and our small successful chicken house! THANK YOU Papa. Who knew that this beautiful home and all it had to offer would be our stepping stone to city life. Even though I have not been there and I know it will be a “unique” city life… unlike the city scape of down town Denver. I thank you dad for giving my kids some country living in the small town of Windsor, while they were young, before we moved to the big, HUGE city of Guatemala City!

You have both given us so much. As I start to go through things its crazy how often I think “mom and dad gave us that”.

Kids are doing so well… they are so ready to go. I pray they can focus and enjoy the next few months with all the transition. Cecilia packed up her room last week, other than her closet she is down to just Guatemala stuff! We listed her desk today and have already had two interested buyers! Yeah!! Someone asked George for an update on how our -not buying things for Christmas went. So I asked Gabe how it was getting almost “nothing” no packages for Christmas… his quick response was “Great, I loved it J” We were going to sell the boy’s legos… then we realized that the 30 pounds could be packed in one suitcase if that was what they found important to take. Sam and Gabe both said… sell them. It is crazy amazing how ready they are to go.

God is so good to us! I am so thankful that God blessed us with your support and with the ripened hearts of our kids. It is nothing short of a miracle that all 5 of us want to go and that Demar and you are so supportive!

Here’s to hoping you spend next Christmas with us!

Love your Little girl, Vonda

No comments:

Post a Comment