Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hmmm... It is hard to say when it all started.  I could be dramatic and say at creation... or a little less and say the day I was born... still dramatic.  So I will just fast forward a few million years or 39 depending on your taste in drama.  

It was Friday morning early the day after thanksgiving 2011, I was driving George to the church at 2:30 am to drop him off for his 5 day missions trip to Guatemala.  His first missions trip, and on that short 15 minute drive he asked me if I'd sell our house.  I LOVE our house... but if you have been following our minimalism journey you will know that George and I know and are willing to admit that our house is just that a house.  I will follow up with a post sometime about our house... because it has profound spiritual significance to me. But that is not part of this story.  

We were blessed each day George was gone by our friends at Apple and the genius Steve Jobs.  I am thankful God created such an amazing person/company who would produce my I-phone and George's I-pad.  I had coffee with my sweet husband every morning and said goodnight each evening. I think it was his second day he asked the kids and I to pray that he would know why he was there.  So we did.  And He did.  Only George can put into to words what God showed him and how it impacted him... but what I do know is that this trip not only answered many lost prayers of my past, but it is dramatically changing our lives as a family.

We are selling our house, and moving to Guatemala.  We will go as quick as God clears the path! It is my hope that this blog will share our journey with those we will miss and love so much. God willing it will inspire you and others to TRUST our mighty God and live by faith fully in love with the one who created each of us!


Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to read about your family's experience and decision! Life is meant to be lived and pursued. My wife and I are on a parallel path and it is beautiful to see others that share the vision. We eagerly await your updates and look forward to the point that all our paths converge. We have an 11 year old son, an 8 year old daughter, and are nearing the completion of the adoption of our 2nd daughter. I also share a passion for writing. Our story of our family is in 3 main themes: Adoption in Russia, Adoption in China, and our pursuit of Guatemala. http://roamingshepherd.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who's going to be doing what? I know I read it somewhere but I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete