Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad, -chickens & heaven!

Dear Mom and Dad,

We sold the chickens and the coop last week to a great family who lives in Windshire. Their yard backs up to the dairy farm! I want you to know that I was and am so thankful for those chickens all 8 of them... and the 3 lessons learned along the way... you know we only had 5 left when we sold them. (Rory is a good bird dog!)

I will never forget the day Cecilia and her friend Emily brought in the first warm egg. And when Gabriel brought a warm one in and he said he saw her lay it :), or the day he ran in because he was worried that something was wrong with Fabuloso... did you know chickens purr? I didn't, but they do... thank goodness for Google! And then there was the crazy day Samuel buried his head in my stomach as I screamed for Rory to let go of her third bird... she is a good dog, she let go, but as you know we still had to put that sweet chicken down after nursing it for one week :( ! Those sweet chickens gave us all some good memories...

We were sad to let them go but I was able to check out their new home. I really think those 5 chickens probably think they have died and gone to heaven. Their new home is amazing... plenty of room to roam and a garden of fall food and seeds to pick through. The coop looks like it was built for this yard. Those chickens are so happy and the new familie's kids love them too. They do have dogs... hopefully they do not have to re-learn our lessons!

So the chickens are in a better place. This gives me GREAT hope that when we move we will find ourselves in a "better place" too! We all miss the chickens, even George. But it is so clear that they are happy and healthy. I hope when we move you will miss us, but it will also be SO clear that we are happy and healthy too!

I love you both so much, and thank you again for the chickens!
Vonda

No comments:

Post a Comment