Thursday, January 5, 2012

Met with God!

There is this song that says "when I have been with you, I feel like I have been with God". Yesterday I had coffee with a good friend. We have been friends for almost 20 years... we knew each other before we were married. We are quite different when it comes to filtering the world and the life that God has given us. But we share at least one common trait. We both love the Lord to our core, and for what ever reason it is with this good friend that I can let it all hang out... and I hope and think she feels the same way. I can let down all the walls... show all my fears, the bare bone truth about how its going and laugh or sit in awe about the crazy ways I think God speaks and moves. Regardless of the conversation I always walk away feeling refreshed, and "like I have been with God." No I am not saying she is God!

The bible says to come "boldly" to the throne room. He wants us to let down the walls... show all our fears, and laugh and sit in awe of Him. I think if we do that we walk away feeling refreshed! It is so much easier with my friend.... Lord draw me closer!

Do you ever walk away from a situation or a person feeling "like you have been with God?"

No comments:

Post a Comment